Frequently asked questions
Not sure about something? FAQs to the rescue! We've answered our most commonly received questions here. If you still need assistance, please contact us using the form at the bottom of this page.
IMPORTANT: If you are relying on someone else to send in your registration (you have to request a check, etc.), we strongly advise that you register yourself online as well. (Select the “Pay By Check” option.) Every year we receive checks with no registrations attached or registrations that arrive the day before the conference when we’re already full. Registering online confirms your place, and also increases the chance that you’ll get your first choice in breakout sessions.
1. My office won’t be able to send payment until after the registration deadline. Can I go ahead and register?
Yes! You may register online and select “Pay By Check” as a payment option. This will let you sign up and send your payment later. Make checks out to “SHIFT NC” and mail them to 3710 University Drive, Suite 310, Durham, NC 27707.
2. I’m pretty sure I registered online but I didn’t get a confirmation. What should I do?
The registration system automatically sends an email confirmation when you complete your registration. If you did not get a confirmation, several things may have happened:
- You accidentally typed in an incorrect e-mail address
- The confirmation went to your Spam or Junk Mail folder
- The registration did not go through, and you are not registered for the conference
IMPORTANT: If you did not get a confirmation, please contact Madison Ward at 919-226-1880 x106 or Pat Hilliard at 919-226-1880 x103 as soon as possible, and definitely before the May 2, 2018 registration deadline. If it turns out you’re not registered that will give us time to get you signed up. If you call after the May 2 deadline you will not be able to register.
3. I don’t want to use the online registration – is there an alternative?
We require an online form for each attendee. If you need paper documentation to share with your finance office, we recommend printing one or more of the following:
- The conference agenda
- The conference sessions menu
- Completing your registration and printing the confirmation, which details your session selections. (Note: You can select "pay by check" which allows check payment after registration.)
4. What kind of Continuing Education Credit can I earn at the conference?
We will be providing Contact Hours. Many licensure boards accept contact hours, including social work, nursing, counseling, psychology, and marriage and family therapy. Contact your licensing board for specific questions regarding acceptance of contact hours.
Specific credit hour information is forthcoming...
5. I’m planning to register later – can you hold a place for me?
Because we use an electronic registration system there is no way to hold a place for someone. The only way to make sure you get a place at the conference is to complete the registration and receive a confirmation. Note that you can submit payment by check after you have submitted your electronic or paper registration by selecting the "Pay by Check" option.
6. I’m interested in a workshop that has a content level of Intermediate, but I’m new to my job. Do I have to sign up for Beginner workshops only?
No! You may sign up for any workshop that interests you. The Content Levels are just guidelines on what to expect from each session.
7. Can I still register after the deadline?
No. Registration deadlines are final.
8. Can I register the day of the conference?
No. Pre-registration is required.
9. I registered and paid, but I need to cancel. Can I get a refund?
Refunds, less a $50.00 processing fee, will be given only if SHIFT NC receives cancellations in writing by May 11. After May 11, there will be no refunds for cancellations or no-shows. Email cancellation requests to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Can I send someone else to the conference in my place if I can’t come?
12. Do you offer scholarships to the conference?
We unfortunately do not have the funds to offer scholarships.